Sunday, October 10, 2010

Sunday morning list




[Actually it's 12.25 pm already but I just woke up 2 hours ago so it's still my morning.]




* Biggest thing to do today is to start with my industry training assignment. My next day off is Thursday, and it's due Friday, so I better get some decent work done.

* Movie to watch: Eat Pray Love (at first I accidentally typed "play". Hm.). I'm not toooo convinced by the story line but I believe that the movie perfectly suits my mood at the moment and will somehow be very inspiring - you know, finding peace, loving life, et cetera. Although I think I'd still do fine without watching it. ;)

* Paramore at the Sydney Entertainment Centre next Friday!

* Really really thinking about getting tickets to Ingrid Michaelson's show. I definitely don't wanna go alone (mostly because it's in Marrickville and I don't like the idea of taking the train back to the city alone at night, but also because it's always nicer to go to a concert with some company); she's such a great artist though and I definitely think it will be worth it. Gonna start a big search for another Ingrid Michaelson fan then.

* After the assignment stress, really gotta catch up with my reading. Still got "No Reservations" unread on the shelf (not the book to the movie though, but it's also about a restaurant!), and I've only flicked through the October issue of Time Out Sydney to look for things that can't be missed out this month. And this is awkward, but I haven't even finished reading the Harper's Bazaar September issue (or was it October? Those fashion magazines usually run a month early don't they). This happens when I work almost every day, because on the days off I need to recover (which means doing nothing).
Although there's this book I've read recently that I'd really recommend: "Innocence" by Kathleen Tessaro. It's a pure, little melancholic story of an artist that makes you wanna be stronger and believe in love and life.

* Current favourite nail polish: this funky brownish-grey shade from Butter London. It was in last month's Harper's Bazaar ;)

* Current favourite song: Like A G6 - Far East Movement. I know, very sophisticated. But it's such an earworm.

* Best brekkie goes to my dear Polina. She makes the best cream and cheese scrambled eggs in this whole wide world.

* Current favourite word: roar.

* Love it how ANZ actually locked my internet banking because they detected viruses on my computer (didn't detect anything during the scan though, but it could be anything and anywhere as I've logged on on other computers as well, so I'm just really thankful that they're taking care of us). All sorted out, happy days.

* I feel happier than ever before; I think it's very important to find my inner peace and embrace all the good things around me. A very long and in-depth talk with a close friend made me realise I need to refocus on myself to keep me going where I'm heading right now - I'm on my way, so I shouldn't let any other unnecessary things distract me. It's amazingly strange how satisfied and relaxed I'm feeling, and I don't wanna feel any other way anymore.


[* Picture above: My iPhone cover, cut out from a Manly Daily. Polina said: "I'm impressed."]

1 comment:

  1. I think you should read Eat, Pray, Love the book when you have time dear.
    Cheers to this little positive last paragraph that you wrote. On the whole, things seems pretty smooth and gentle for you now (yes even the crazy assignments, but so what, without it life is a bit less 'colourful') - I'm glad.
    We should talk some time. xx

    ReplyDelete